So I basically don't use my old iPod, I'm not picky about album art and don't want to sort by it, and I have about 3 songs from the iTunes store (maybe fewer). Is there a decent program for the Mac which will:
* auto-convert FLAC or Apple Lossless to MP3 for burning to disk
* Allow creation and export of playlists
* not choke at having the files on a non-local filesystem,
* not want to phone home my music preferences to Apple (or anyone)
* Play music without making me wait half an hour at random times?
Oh -- I do insist on having something other than a command-line interface. Though that interface could be in Emacs for all I care. [This statement subject to change, though an Emacs music player is sort of a cool idea...]
Also -- if Apple keeps insisting on calling its half-baked ideas 'genius', we're going to need a new word for intellectually innovative people and great artists -- and one for great ideas. Suggestions?